Sunday, February 19, 2006

Web usability

After working for about 2 months on Web design, which is my first formal project, I started to think Web design is not that hard. It's only a matter of knowing HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and tools such as Dreamweaver and FrontPage. But it wasn't long till I was told to improve the Web application I'm working on, then I started to dig into how the Web can best serve its customers.


The technical jargon is Web Usability. They talk about what people look for when they browse the Web, what people expect from a webpage they open or happen to visit, how various information (and much of it) is best provided for the readers, and the list goes on. For the first time, I feel like actually do not know anything about Web design, and I had just learned the basics of it.


So.. having learned from some of the mistakes people do when they design their webpage, and for the sake of 'practice makes perfect' and 'we learn from our past', I am going to.. change the font I use in this blog to be bigger than what it has always been (hey, do you notice?), and use black for the content color, so that you.. yes, you, can be more comfortable reading it now. I mean, I understand some of you have really good eyes, so don't feel offended, you can still make the font size smaller through your browser settings :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

el22...

jia youu ya dg project br kamu.. I know you'll do greatt, as always :).. and just want to say thank you uda dipinjemin CD Harvest compilation bikinan gereja kamu.. I loveee it!!! huehehehe pengen titip beli lewat kamu nih rasanya :p.. kapan main laf el, blg2 ya!

luv
Patty